Saturday, October 6, 2018

Saturday, a busy day. (1)

My wife has left me to my own devices at home today, so I'm busying myself on the layout.
After a week of working on locomotives and rolling stock it was time to get back to the scenery. The first task there was to cover the ground with a base of Woodland scenics turf ground cover. it doesn't take much just painting on some dilute white glue (Woodland Scenics scenic glue) and sprinkle on the ground cover and let it dry.
Starting the earth cover. Notice I covered the track over to keep it clean
Ten minutes later the job was done.
Then while that was drying I decided to work on the roads. For this I was planning on using Liquitex texture paint.
It looks like this small jar will last a while.
 This product is taking a long time to dry. So I then turned my attention to my station platform.

Platform base. 
If you remember, the platform was constructed as a tray, here's why.
The tray was filled with white glue

This was then filled with Woodland scenics fine light grey ballast..

...covered with a weight and left to dry.
Finished item.
Looking at the final picture in this sequence I think you'll agree the final effect is quite acceptable. There's a bit more cleaning up to do, but I'm very happy with this.

The textured paint is still not dry yet, (I did slap it on fairly thick). So I need to look for another task.



No comments:

Post a Comment