Sunday, April 8, 2018

Here we go

I did think of entitling this post with more than one "Here we go" to acknowledge my beloved Lincoln City FC's victory in the Checkatrade trophy final at Wembley stadium today but I thought better of it.

I spent Saturday exhibiting my new HO scale layout at the Granite city train show yesterday. It was a very trying affair with all kinds of problems I've never experienced before. So when we arrived home I was feeling pretty jaded. That was until I went down to the post office and opened our PO Box to find a large box from Germany there. I immediately perked up. This was the Busch Feldbahn set arrived 4 a whole days earlier than predicted! I rushed home and opened the package up
Nicely presented in the box on its arrival.
 A very nice, cleanly laid out package. The assembly instructions were printed in three languages, including English, so there were no problems in assembling things. Not that instructions were needed to put track together and wire things up.
The set sits on the approx. 19" square board made for it.
As you can see, the starter set sits very comfortably on its baseboard with plenty of room for me to expand the oval, maybe add a point and a siding, perhaps a passing loop. I'm excited to see how I can fit things on the board and develop it.
Yes, it's small
The Gmeinder locomotive is a nice looker, and yes it is quite small. Perhaps it's a tad bigger than I expected, like I said. I had no idea what the physical size of these items was.
Anyway, I'm quite impressed by the quality of the model and the detail. I'm now going to spend some time watching the train run around in circles to get a feel for it.

2 comments:

  1. I ran into hordes of Imps fans at Kings Cross on their way to the match. I don't think I've ever fine across such a genuinely happy and excited crowd of fans in my life, it was lively to see. I did have to help quite a few to navigate the big city.

    Nice train set BTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear the fans didn't disgrace themselves.

      Delete